Healthy Recipes - This white bean and kale soup is vegan, easy to prepare in just 20 minutes, creamy and absolutely delicious! This is my version of the well-known Tuscan white bean soup. This hearty soup is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (15 cm / 6 inch) sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped, stems reserved
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 2 (560 gram / 20 oz) jars of cooked white beans
- 2 cups (55 grams) chopped kale or other winter green (radish greens, chard, spinach, etc.)
- 1 ½ teaspoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and fry, stirring, until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the oil and fry until transparent. Then add the carrots, celery, bay leaves and rosemary stems and fry for a couple of minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the stock and beans, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Use an immersion blender to blend some of the beans, being careful to avoid the bay and rosemary, until you reach the consistency you want. Add the chopped rosemary leaves and kale (or other winter green), cover the pot and simmer until the kale is soft.
- Get full recipe==>>cilantroandcitronella.com