I literally cannot express how EXCITED I am to share this recipe. THIS IS EPIC. YEAST-RISEN, EASY to make, SUPER versatile. I am in love..
- 3/4 cup warm water OR 1/2 cup warm water IF using xanthan gum/psyllium husks
- 1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast (I used quick-rise yeast)
- 1 tsp white sugar (THIS WILL BE EATEN BY THE YEAST, IT IS NECESSARY, it will not affect the final product)
- 1/4 cup(60g) 14% sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups(168g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(64g) Vital Wheat Gluten OR 1 tbsp xanthan gum & 1/4 cup ground psyllium husks
- 1/4 cup(30g) coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2tsp Italian spices (optional)
- In a large bowl, add your warm water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for about 5min.
- While waiting, combine all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (whisk with a fork), set aside.
- In another small bowl, microwave your sour cream for roughly 20-25s (just until slightly warm).
- Once your yeast has foamed(make sure it is not old!), add your olive oil and sour cream and stir together.
- Next stir in your flour until a dough begins to form.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for roughly 3-4min.
- Form the dough into a neat ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with saran wrap and place somewhere warm for 40min (I usually heat my oven to a low-temp for a while before-hand then shut it off and leave the dough in there either with the door open or closed depending on how hot it is).
- After 40min, pre-heat your oven to 450*F(Or 400*F for thicker dough).
- Remove the dough from the bowl(it should now be about 1.5x its original size or larger(less if using the xanthan gum/psyllium version)).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment OR greased with oil, roll out into desired shape and thickness(I would have done mine just a little thinner if I had the option to do it over!)
- Brush with olive oil(optional) and either..top with whatever your heart desires then bake for about 10-12min or until lightly browned for a THIN CRUST. OR for a thicker crust, bake at a lower temp(350-400*F) until partially cooked, then add your topping and place back in the oven at 450*F to finish cooking! Serve & Enjoy!
- *You can also make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake it(preferably the next day)*.